GL events: an integrated group of event businesses
As an integrated group of event businesses, GL events is a benchmark player in three major markets:
•conferences and conventions
•events and activities, be they cultural, sporting or political
•trade fairs/exhibitions aimed at professionals and the general public.
TOULOUSE ÉVÉNEMENTS, a 100% subsidiary of GL events, consists of three facilities:
• Principal facility: Parc des Expositions
• Secondary facility: Pierre Baudis Convention Centre
• Secondary facility: Espaces Vanel
All of the teams at the Parc des Expositions, the Pierre Baudis Convention Centre and the Espaces Vanel share in common:
• a sense of destination
• improvement of our commercial performance
• sharing of best practices and knowledge
• improvement of coordination with GL events group facilities (support services, administration, ERP etc.)
• critical savings in wage costs.
The expertise and quality of the Toulouse Événements organisation is a recognised benchmark for professionals and individuals.
Toulouse Événements in figures:
97,000 m² total surface area
380 events per year
Our environmental policy
Dealing with environmental issues is a priority for Toulouse Événements. For this very reason, the Parc des Expositions and the Pierre Baudis Convention Centre have been ISO 14001 certified since 2012. This standard is based on a benchmark that is recognised internationally. It is aimed at reducing the environmental impact of our activities on a continuous and sustainable basis.
Since the establishment of its development policy in 2009, GL events has demonstrated its commitment by implementing three programmes: Think Green, Think People and Think Local, based on different issues according to the activity.
• Think Green: the environmental aspect
• Think People: the social aspect
• Think Local: the societal aspect
Their deployment follows a logic of continuous improvement, based on issues that are both transversal and specific to the different activities of the Group's three core businesses (live events, exhibitions and venues).
KEY FACTS FOR 2017:
• The GL events group signs the Charter of 1,000 Businesses for integration in the Lyon metropolitan area
• One-year extension of the disability agreement with Agefiph to support the recruitment of people with disabilities
• Participation of GL events premium sites in the 2017 Green Venue Report, an international environmental benchmark
• Signing of agreements with 4 environmental organisations for the management of specific waste
• Usage testing of reusable carpet tiles at group exhibitions
• Launch of SIRHA Green to support the development of the subject of social and environmental responsibility across the food service sector
• Appointment of the Director of Sustainable Development at GL events as Chairman of the Sustainable Development Commission for the UNIMEV Federation (Union des Métiers de l'Evénement; Event Trades Union).
Capital of Occitanie, innovative, sporting and festive, Toulouse is nurturing its creativity and dynamism.
Let Toulouse inspire you!